Tuesday 5 May 2015

'Cliche' dreams...

Dont be afraid of your dreams being cliche. Dont be afraid of your ambitions being typical and not the most unique thing in the world.

My dreams are all linked to travelling.. I have a whole bucket list full of them. I want to see the northern lights, I want to ski in the french alps and I want oh so badly to take my sister to Disney land. I have a whole page of things such as this that I want to do before I die (and many before I have kids! - more on that in the next post), most of them being big and elaborate and what millions of other people my age want to do. S

Is that going to make me fear following through with them? No. Because at the end of the day, or my life, I will be the one with the regrets and the 'what ifs' and not those other millions of people who went with what they wanted to do instead of thinking of other peoples judgements on their lives.

I have silly things on that page too.. Like to dye my hair pink. I am a very girl-girl and I have always wanted a girly hair colour but I postponed this for YEARS when I realised it had become the trend and the very last thing 16 year old me wanted to be was sterotypical. Well to hell with that way of thinking. I fought to not be stereotypical for years and it never worked because sometimes you have to follow a trend if its what you really want. Oh, and I have since dyed my hair pink very recently.. and I love it. I feel a bit like sprinkle of glitter (shes my fave)

I WILL jump out of that plane and visit hawaiiand show off my finished and completed bucket lsit when I am old and greay and too senial to even remember ever being a part of a trend. Instead I will just be joyful that I did not surcumbe to fear but instead 'conquered' it in a way.

This world is too interested in spending so much time, money, effort and unhappines in trying to  be differemt when sometimes having common interests with others can be a good thing. A great thing. It could bring people together and heighen an experience so much by doing it with others.

This also works in the other way, if you aspire to be different then go for it. This world is yours to do what you want with it.

My best friends and I went to venice last year because it was on each of our bucket list's and now we have that ever-lasting memory for going for something that we wanted to do although many people thought it was 'weird' because most teens are going to ibiza and ayia napa at this age. That just wasnt for us.

Be happy. Be you. Always

I challned you to write bucket list of 3 things in the comments.

If you have read this far thank you. It means the world.

Lots of love, J xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment